Thursday, February 20, 2014

Did The Cock Measure Up?
Falling A Little Limp In NYC

(Photo Source: The Cock Bar Facebook Page)
"Next time I go back, I'll go on a Friday or Saturday."
Our friend and guest blogger, Cobalt King reflects on a recent visit to The Cock in NYC.
   In an appropriately un-gentrified section of lower Manhattan, The Cock holds an unassuming spot on 2nd Ave, with a small and dark street presence. The only way to recognize the place is by the neon red 'rooster' on the front of the building. Upon entering, I'm greeted
by a hulking dude with a genuine smile, but with an ominous warning. "That'll be $5 (it was a Tuesday). Keep your phone and your money in your front pocket and if you go outside, don't talk to people on the street who approach you. Tell them I said so."
   Once inside, I had to wait for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. I checked my coat and my shirt with the very friendly clothes check station attendant. I noted a young, athletic dancer on the bar,
wearing just a jockstrap, and I asked the coat check guy if there is a place for private dances. He said there's not, but it's up to the dancer. (I had heard wild stories of nakedness on the bar, and nights where half the patrons were also naked -or nearly naked. But this night appeared to be tame.) I bought a beer from the bartender (they do not sell non-alcoholic beers, in case you're looking for that... and I was, so I could maintain reasonable judgement... but I ended up just having some beers (at $5 each, I think).
   I watched the lone bar dancer gyrate and show his naked ass to the room of about 20 guys. But the dancer did not turn around. He kept looking at the wall and dancing with his ass to the crowd. I found my way to him and tipped pretty lucratively, trying to get him to turn around, but I couldn't get him to turn all the way around. The dancer smiled sweetly, but I couldn't hear him very well because of the small room and the loud music. His body was tight, but he was not engaged with his audience. I felt like I had to work to get his attention...
and I was the only one tipping.
(Photo Source: Wilson Models)
   I retreated to the center of the room and scanned the crowd. It was dark, but I could see the guys lining the walls and sitting in the bench seats along the perimeter. The room looked like it was about 25 x 50 feet (not including the bar space), so it could have been super intimate as the crowd grew. I asked the bartender when the other dancers would be rotating onto the bar and he said there was only one dancer that night. However, a little later, another guy showed up, quickly got undressed and hopped up on the bar. I don't think he got the message about engaging his audience either because he was a handsome and fit young man, but did not try to even make eye contact with the customers lining the bar.
   As I was contemplating leaving, guys started streaming into the place. I had arrived a little after midnight, and it was nearly 2:00 am by this time. It didn't occur to me that the place would heat up after then. But it did. Despite the crowd, and the palpable feeling of something dirty about to happen, and the odd juxtaposition of two nearly naked guys in a room full of guys with heavy winter shirts .... I still felt like there was something about the place which made it safe... Next time I go back, I'll go on a Friday or Saturday to see if all the stories of debauchery are true. but for this customer, who is 6'2 and 245 lbs, The Cock was entertaining, but just a little low-key for the kind of edgy sexually charged environment I was looking for.
(Photo Source: Wilson Models)

   Special thanks to Cobalt King for sharing his experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment