Saturday, November 15, 2014

Music Classics Recommended By Mike
Sexual Inuendo Makes The Boyz Go Round
Classic Music To Help The Boyz Move!


(Photo Source: Thomas Trinity at BPM ~ NYC)
   Music! It's important for the exotic male dancers whether it be a go-go boy, pole dancer, male stripper, male revue, etc. I won't pretend to be a DJ and make a play list. However, I can recommend to our DJs a few standards that I enjoy and hope they'll bring back from time to time, and "slip them in" (pun intended) their current play lists. These are tried and true songs that make the boys want to dance; make the fans want to tip; and causes everyone in the club to at least tap their foot, and often encourage them to stand up and shake their booty! I've listed several songs in this blog and my take on why they should be played below them. Take some time and enjoy!
Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink, Missy - Lady Marmalade
   How many non-French speakers have ever stopped to find out exactly what "Voulez vous coucher avec moir ce soir" means. If not, here you go, "Will you sleep with me tonight?" Of course, it is a song about a whore house. I mean, I have no problem watching a exotic male dancer wearing very little clothing (or none), dancing to a song that bascially ask if I want to sleep with him tonight. That's just me, of course, you probably have much higher moral standards than I do. And for the exotic male dancer's potential tips, this song can provide the right motivation.
Kylie Minoque - Timebomb
   I am a Kylie Minoque fan! Most of her music is focused on the dance club environment. And this song is a perfect example! Dance like it is the last dance.
Justin Timberlake - Sexy Back
   Ok, let's be real. To be an exotic male dancer, you've got to have at least a little confidence in yourself and your look. This song lets the male dancer move his body and show off a little. If he can dance, this song will let him showcase it. It's ok to have some attitude when dancing to JT.
Rihanna - S&M
   Seriously, do we really need an explanation here? I don't think so.
George Michael - Freeek
   Let's go back a few years and pull out George Michael's Freek. The beat keeps the boys moving. And the message is very clear. "...you've got yourself an ass with a mind of it's own, bring something to the pary!"
Ginuwine - Pony
   I've blogged about this song before. And I have followed my own inspiration. If I am at a club/bar/event with exotic male dancers and this song is played and a male dancer is wearing at least a cowboy hat, boots are nice too... I have been known to tip every dollar in my pocket to that dancer. It's one of those songs and visual combinations that pushes all my buttons. So, male dancers, if I'm at your place of employment and you want a decent tip night. Take this hint! ;) NOTE: The original video is no longer available on you tube.
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
   I know, I know...this song was played to death when it came out. But Josh Kloss is so hot in it that I personally think it was played as much for him as the song. I still love the song as a celebration of youth! And as in many situations, the male dancers at a club/bar/event are going to be in their 20s so this song is perfect for them. Throw it in the mix now and then! Watch them go..go! "Let's go all the way tonight! No regrets..."
P!nk - Raise Your Glass
   This song is for the fans. Sometimes you just want to celebrate who you are! This song works for the dancer too. So, raise your glass and have fun, while watching the boyz move! My glass will contain a dirty martini. That's my preferred mix for a successful night out! (NOTE: This video is on a you tube playlist so the songs will continue after this one is played.)
   Ask your DJ to 'slip it in' ... you know, one of the recommended songs. Until next time, don't forget to tip the boyz! And if they are dancing to one of the songs that pushes all your buttons, tip them extra!

No comments:

Post a Comment