Wednesday, February 20, 2019

It's Mardi Gras Time! My Daydreams Are Focused On Partying In New Orleans And The Boys At The Corner Pocket

Photo Source: Corner Pocket
 
    I love New Orleans. Many of you already know but I lived there for a while in my 20s. I love the people. I love the food. I love the partying. I love Mardi Gras parades. And I love partying at the Corner Pocket in the French Quarter. That's a lot of things to love in one place. Whenever I get a chance to return I do. And now that the Mardi Gras parades have already begun and Fat Tuesday is March 5, I am daydreaming about the city and the boys on the bar.
 
Photo Source: Corner Pocket
 
    I visited New Orleans and the Corner Pocket recently. And as always The Corner Pocket delivered. I enjoyed reconnecting with the Corner Pocket friends. It's like returning home to family. Michael, Jeremy, the bartenders and staff are always gracious. Jeremy, the dancer manager, has been a friend to Males In Motion for several years. It's always great to get to sit at the bar with him, have a drink, and talk about new dancers and find out if my previous favorites are still around. I want to send a shout out to Bruce, the bartender, who has been at The Corner Pocket for several years and served me many times.
 
Photo Source: The Corner Pocket     Photos by Jeremy Weinberg
 
    With each visit, I find new favorites. On the first night of this trip at the top of our list was Cody (pic above). He is sexy with a fun personality. I always looked forward to when his name was called to be dancing on the bar. He was down to earth and I enjoyed talking with him, and tipping him. Jay and I usually have different dancers that we choose as our favorites but we both enjoyed Cody. We always plan two nights at the Corner Pocket and on the second night my favorites included David and Rafael. Both were very personable and took the time to visit with you and say 'thanks' when tipped. Jay liked Igor who was Russian. Jay used the online translator and wrote a compliment in Russian just for fun. Igor spoke perfect English but got a kick out of it.
 
Photo Source: The Corner Pocket
 
   Even though New Orleans is always a lively city, it hits full stride during Mardi Gras. The atmosphere ignites and flows into the bars and clubs in the French Quarter, the Corner Pocket included. If you're going to be in the Crescent City for Mardi Gras, I recommend you stop in at the Corner Pocket and meet the boys on the bar.
 
Photo Source: The Corner Pocket
 
Photo Source: The Corner Pocket
 
Photo Source: The Corner Pocket
Dancer: Joey - one of our all-time favorites.
 
Photo Source: The Corner Pocket
 
   Although he wasn't there on our last visit, Johnathan, front in pic above, has been one of our favorite dancers during the past two years. He was selected to be the Males In Motion Obsession for November 2017. Click here and check out the blog featuring Johnathan. There are also some super sexy pics of him in it.
 
Photo Source: The Corner Pocket
 
    My head is full of Hurricanes (the drink, not the storm), Crawfish Étouffée, Muffalettas, catching beads, stepping on doubloons, King Cakes and tipping the boys at the Corner Pocket. If you find yourself in New Orleans or live in the area as I did for a while, you owe it to yourself to experience a night (or two) at the Corner Pocket. We always recommend it. If you need info on parking, message me and I'll let you know where I usually park. Click on any of the pics above to go to the Corner Pocket Facebook page for more info. Until next time, don't forget to tip the boys!
 

 
Advertisement
Click below and watch those sexy French Canadian boys!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment