Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Who is Michael Hill? And what is Males In Motion?


Photo Source: Males In Motion     Photo by Michael Hill    Model: Mike
 
   Michael Hill is me! Lately I have been asked about who I am, what I do, and what is Males In Motion. I decided to write a blog and answer these questions for those who may not know. I am not and have never been an exotic male dancer. My approach to this industry is strictly from the side of the customer, fan and cheerleader. It is the customer who provides dollars to keep the dancers dancing, the bartenders pouring drinks, and pays the cover charge. It is the customer who supports a venue to keep the doors open. The customer is therefore, one of, if not the most important ingredient in the successful operation of a bar or club.
 
   I am a photographer, promoter, blogger and web developer. These four roles grew out of my passion for the entertainment world of exotic male dancers. For many years I worked for a corporation as a member of the IT staff. I traveled to different places in the U.S. and Mexico where the company had offices. During my travels I would always look for clubs that featured male dancers to visit during my off-work hours. I made some great discoveries along the way. Imagine the thrill of my first introduction to all-nude male dancers at Swinging Richards in Atlanta, Boxers N Briefs near St. Louis, and others.
 

Photo Source: Males In Motion     Photo by Michael Hill
 
   This was before the days of social media, yes, I'm that old. So, finding information about clubs that featured male dancers was not as easily attainable. In 2003, I was motivated to start a website, Males In Motion, where I could maintain a list of the clubs across North America. After that, any time I traveled for work or pleasure, I would have an available list online where I could check for clubs in the area and then, go have my fun. I soon discovered there were many other fans who felt the way I did, and they began to check the website during their travels as well.
 

Photo Source: Males In Motion     Photo by Michael Hill
 
   I dabbled in photography in high school and even wound up being the editor of the high school yearbook my senior year. I continued to enjoy photography in college and then after graduation as a hobby. It was often difficult to find the kind of images I wanted to use on my website so I began to go out and capture those images myself at clubs featuring male dancers. In time, I also started hiring local college students to be male models for promotional images for Males In Motion. For a couple of years, I even took promotional photos for local drag queens and entertainers. Today, I take only the photos that I want. Most of these are studio shots used on the website or blog. A few are promotional images for male dancers. When possible, I still enjoy capturing images of male dancers doing their thing in clubs or at events.
 

Photo Source: Males In Motion     Photo by Michael Hill
 
   Today I describe Males In Motion as a news and information service that promotes the world of exotic male dancers. Males In Motion is not an agency that provides male dancers for events. Nor are we a male review. Instead, we promote the exotic male dancer entertainment industry itself, male dancers and the clubs that feature them. We do this through our website Males In Motion, this Males In Motion blog, a Facebook Page, Twitter (@mimotion), Instagram (@mimotion5205) and Tumblr. I also serve as a consultant to male dancers, show directors, club managers/owners and promoters. And when the mood strikes, I hire male dancers for promotional purposes to appear at clubs and private parties.
 

Photo Source: Males In Motion     Photo by Michael Hill
 
   Males In Motion will turn 15 in September. Over these 15 years I have learned what customers are looking for in an entertainment experience with male dancers. I have learned how to convert the entertainment experiences into financial success for male dancers and the clubs where they perform. I have watched many clubs open their doors for the first time, as well as close their doors permanently. I know many of the pitfalls to avoid in this business. I try to share what I have learned with anyone in the business who will listen.
 

Photo Source: Males In Motion     Photo by Michael Hill
 
   Another question I am always asked is "where is your pic?" In this age of putting our whole world on social media for everyone to see, I am the mysterious figure who doesn't have any pics of myself online...or do I? The pics I use on the Males In Motion social media accounts, the website, in the blog, are all models I have hired or male dancers. I stay in the background so I am treated like any other customer who visits. I travel North America and visit clubs featuring male dancers and write reviews. I want to know the reality. I also consult with dancers, bartenders, club staff, managers, show directors, DJs, etc., and provide tips and information that I have gathered over the years. All is done for one purpose...to help everyone be successful. If I can do this as just another regular customer, I get the true picture and hopefully any assistance I can provide will be more effective as a result. It's kind of like being a secret shopper. I will admit that over the years I have developed friendships with many people in the industry so it is becoming more difficult to go to some locations and slip in quietly and discreetly.
 

Photo Source: Males In Motion     Photo by Michael Hill
 
   For the male dancer, I can make recommendations that encourage customers to tip you more. This can be as simple as the style of underwear that will fit your body, and the best colors to wear. For the club manager/owner, I can recommend steps toward creating an atmosphere of true customer service where everyone feels welcomed and will want to return for future visits. For the show director I can provide inspiration to create new experiences for the customers. For the DJ's, I can provide tips on what music best motivates the dancers to move seductively, and the music that specific customer target markets want to hear. There are so many simple steps that can be taken that when combined, will have a major impact on financial success and customer enjoyment.
 

Photo Source: Males In Motion     Photo by Michael Hill
 
   I am luckier than many. I combined the things I enjoy most - travel, photography, writing and exotic male dancers - and created my own career as a photographer and promoter. I chose to be a promoter because I wanted to participate in the success of my favorite form of entertainment which includes male strippers, go-go boys, pole dancers, male reviews, and nude male dancers. I promote the dancing boys because I enjoy watching, tipping and photographing them. I promote also because I want to assist clubs, venues, events and any other business that feature male dancers. It's purely selfish. I want them to be successful so that I can continue to enjoy male dancers the rest of my life. I have often joked that I'll be old, feeble and in a wheel chair and I'll still be wheeling up to the stage to tip the boys! And of course, I"ll need a male stripper for every birthday in my golden years. I'll never be too old for a lap dance.
 

Photo Source: Males In Motion     Photo by Michael Hill
 
   I hope I have answered your questions with this blog. If however, you have further questions, please feel free to add them to the comments below and I will reply. If you are interested in my services as a consultant, please let me know. I prefer to be contacted through social media. My social media accounts are listed at the bottom of this blog. Consulting for male dancers is always free. Depending on the type of request, it is usually free for clubs and their staff members as well. Until next time, don't forget to tip the boys!
 

Click below and watch those sexy French Canadian boys!
Advertisement

Photo Source: Michael Hill Digital

No comments:

Post a Comment